Weekly Twitter Round-up: #Week 28 2012
This was an awesome week on Twitter for us. Thursday we released an infographic on hotel reviews and it received massive coverage by the likes of Mashable, Tnooz and Hotelmarketing.com. For all our Tweeps out there we hope we didn’t bother you too much with all our retweets on the subject.
However, we also managed to find some other interesting news for you. So enjoy the articles below and have a nice weekend.
Our favorites from last week:
- First of all the biggest news this week was that @Zoover and @HolidayCheck join forces. Tomorrow Focus AG, the parent company of HolidayCheck AG, bought the majority stakes of 51% in Webassets BV, the parent company of Zoover.
- As always @eyefortravel had an interesting blogpost about mobile, mobile and more mobile. Dial M for Mobile!
- Everybody in travel was a bit surprised by last week’s @Orbitz Mac pricing ‘scandal’. Hotelmarketing.com tells us what we can all learn from this curious move.
- @tnooz published a guest article by April Robb, senior manager of content at @TripAdvisor, in which she goes mythbusting. Four of the top concerns for TripAdvisor tackled.
- To conclude there was a lot to do on Apple winning a lot of important patents for iTravel. @Skiftbot reported on this and @Tnooz did his say here. Still a bit of a technical story, but it proves that Apple is preparing to change the world of travel like they did with music and phones. We will report again when there is more information available.